"Urban By Nature"
Lincoln Green Features
- Each home is recognizable, just like a single family home.
- Each owner owns an entire unit from the foundation to the roof.
- Homes are designed to fit the site and to maximize views and the sun.
- Homes can be customized to be modest or upscale.
- Custom kitchens with hardwood cabinets in all units.
- Pantry closet in selected units.
- Laundry hookups with basement, first and second floor locations available.
- Most units have the plumbing already in the basement for a future bathroom and/or laundry or kitchen sink. No pumping required.
- Many units have daylight basements.
- All units have full 8' ceilings, 7'8" in the basement.
- All units utilize open floor planning.
- All units utilize ADA-type accessible features, such as wide doors, lever locksets, easy access to entry's with no steps, spacious bathrooms, wide halls, and open plans.
- Covered front porches and rear decks on specific models.
- Not a cookie-cutter designed community where every home is the same design, Lincoln Green has a wide variety of designs and styles of units to choose from.
- "Green" community, environmentally sensitive.
- Generous landscaping budget.
- Public water and sewer.
- Underground power, cable, and telephone.
- Two-coat asphalt driveway.
- Curbing and sidewalks.
- Street lights.
- Unique urban design, variety of unit styles.
- Common electrical service for streetlights.
- Common green areas.
- Super-insulated roofs (R-60+).
- R-19 exterior walls.
- Basements are insulated
- High-performance Low-E Argon windows.
- Insulated entry doors.
- Tyvek housewrap to reduce air infiltration.
Lincoln Green is Waterville's "Green" community
- The floor framing does not span between the units, thereby reducing noise and vibration.
- Interior walls insulated for sound reduction around bathrooms and between bedrooms.
- Concrete walls between units in the basement make those areas quiet and secure.
- Double insulated walls with 2-hour fire rating between all units, also provide exceptional sound-proofing.
- Careful selection of materials inside the home for air quality.
- Automatic garage door opener with coded keypad.
All the units at Lincoln Green will be built with a sensitivity towards environmental issues, energy efficiency, and healthy living. We are using high efficiency mechanical systems, appliances, and lighting wherever possible, and our units have well sealed and well insulated building envelopes, natural and mechanical ventilation, and water conserving fixtures.
The homes of Lincoln Green have also been designed and specified with durability as a key element. There is nothing more sustainable in housing than building something durable that will last a long time. We are using recycled products wherever possible, and recycling our construction waste wherever possible. We have carefully specified materials inside the home that will reduce off-gassing of harmful chemicals.
Our designers and planners have gone to great lengths to orient the homes to the sun and to follow the lay of the land, so there will be minimal construction impact to the site. We have deeded a wetland buffer zone to the State of Maine and built a pond for runoff to prevent erosion. We are also providing a generous community landscaping budget and a comprehensive maintenance program to keep our community green.
- Insulated Concrete Form (ICF) basements, which are the highest quality basement foundations available, and fully insulated.
- Trussed roofs with 5/8" T+G sheathing
- 2 x 6 wall construction with Kiln-Dried spruce lumber.
- Engineered floor trusses
- Engineered wood beams.
- Insulated headers.
- Heavy wood interior doors and solid core bi-fold closet doors.
- Brass lever locksets.
- Distinctively wide interior moldings.
- Special, classic paint scheme.
- Abundant closet space with vinyl-coated ventilated shelving.
- Generous flooring allowance.
- Generous kitchen cabinet allowance
- Generous appliance allowance, allows the buyer to choose their own appliances (intended for range, dishwasher, refrigerator, disposal, and microwave/range hood).
- 35 year architectural asphalt roof shingles.
- Aluminum drip edge on all roof edges.
- Generous roof overhangs.
- Maintenance-free vinyl siding and trim with special corner trim, window trim, and frieze trim.
There will be a true upscale feel to our neighborhood.
With full-custom capability, the homes of Lincoln Green
can be as upscale as you desire. For those who are seeking an upscale environment
in an urban setting, the builders of Lincoln Green stand ready to provide you with the
very best construction in a unique urban setting.
- High-efficiency, gas-fired, hot water baseboard heating with a sealed combustion, stainless steel, very quiet operating boiler.
- PEX water supply lines, manifold system.
- Two frost-free hose bibs
- Delta faucets.
- Quality plumbing fixtures.
- Individual 100 amp underground electrical services.
- Two waterproof outside electrical outlets.
- Smoke alarms (with battery backup) on each living level as well as each bedroom.
- Copper electrical wiring.
- Cat-5 phone outlets and cable outlets.
- Mechanical ventilation with super-quiet Panasonic fans.